Dienstag, 9. Dezember 2014

Welcome to Tairua

It’s been a long time since my last blogpost because I have been pretty busy recently. I made my way down from Russell to Auckland to meet up with some friends and now kiwi family. My next destination was Tairua where I am going to spend the whole summer. It is a lovely little town, not really big, but plenty of beaches and things going on. I am working at a lovely organic shop and I got a paid job at a café and restaurant as well! I do really enjoy working in both places.

Mein letzter Post ist schon eine ganze Weile her… in der Zwischenzeit bin ich in Tairua angekommen, wo ich auch den Sommer verbringen werde. Ich arbeite in dem Bioladen und habe auch noch einen bezahlten Job in einem Café/Restaurant mitten in Tairua. Beide Jobs mag ich sehr gern. Tairua ist zur Abwechslung mal eine schöne und schnuckelige kleine Kiwistadt: sehr viele Strände und einige Aktivitäten. 



 

I am staying with the Easton family: Gina (mum, owner of All Things Organic), Lance (dad, physiotherapist), Archer (6 years old), Lincoln (5 years old) and Keana (also called Kiki, 2 years old). We live 15 mins north of Tairua in a house with a beautiful view, but quite secluded. I do really need my car to get down to my job. I love working at the organic shop. There are heaps of cool people who drop in, I am an ice cream maker, I learn about new food products. There is always something to do and you are almost never bored. It is funny every time an ice cream goes massively wrong and I put on my best smile in order to convince the customer that it still tastes good.

Ich lebe bei den Eastons: Gina (die Mutter, ihr gehört All Things Organic), Lance (Vater, Physiotherapeut), Archer (6 Jahre alt), Lincoln (5 Jahre alt), Keana oder auch genannt Kiki (2 Jahre alt). Wir wohnen 15 Minuten nördlich von Tairua in einem Haus mit schöner Aussicht, aber doch sehr abgelegen und ohne Auto nicht zu erreichen. Ich liebe es, im Bioladen zu arbeiten. Das Hauptgeschäft machen wir mit Eis mit echten Früchten. Viele coole Leute kommen vorbei, ich lerne viel über neue Produkte und ich darf Eis und Smoothies machen. Was gibt es Besseres? Die Arbeit hat mir auch gezeigt, dass ich lieber mit Kunden arbeiten möchte, als den ganzen Tag in meinem Büro zu versauern.


(von links nach rechts) Gina, Lance, Lincoln, Keana, Archer
 
The house sometimes feels like a big hostel with so many wwoofers coming and going. When I arrived, I met Toni, Emma and Manon (french!). 90% of them are German. At the moment we are a team of 5: Julia, Elena, Karina, Lisa and I. Julia and Elena are leaving and I still try to figure out a way to convince the bus driver not to let them on the bus. They prepare the best dinners I’ve had here in New Zealand, they take me with them on their road trips, they appreciate my music, they bake christmas cookies, they listen to Philipp Poisel, they are sweet as… hopefully we will meet up back in Germany for a concert of Philipp Poisel. It feels great to make new friends.

Das Haus fühlt sich manchmal wie ein großes Hostel an, weil so viele Wwoofer kommen und gehen. Als ich ankam, waren Toni, Emma und Manon (Französin) hier, zu 90% sind wir aber deutsche Wwoofer. Im Moment sind wir fünf deutsche Mädels: Elena, Julia, Karina, Lisa und ich, aber Elena und Julia verlassen uns schon. Ich überlege mir immer noch eine Möglichkeit, den Busfahrer zu bestechen, damit er sie nicht mitnimmt. Die beiden machen die besten Abendesse, die ich in Neuseeland bisher hatte, sie nehmen mich mit auf ihre Roadtrips, sie mögen meine Musik, sie backen Plätzchen, sie hören Philipp Poisel… ich hoffe, wir treffen uns in Deutschland nochmal, am besten zu einem Konzert!


(von links nach rechts) Elena, Manon, ich, Julia

Crêpes als Abschiedsdinner von Manon
 
The people at the Pepe (the restaurant where I am working) and Kelly (working two days a week at the organic shop) decided to call me Kat because Karina and my name cause a lot of confusion. I was wondering what would happen to my nickname Kaddy since it is hard for English people to pronounce so I did not introduce myself as Kaddy (always ends up sounding like Keddy or something and I don’t like that at all). Now I got an English nickname, Kat, and everybody including me thinks it is awesome. It reminds me a bit of the tattoo artist Kat van D.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen