Sonntag, 9. November 2014

Small adventures around Kohukohu


Walk up to the top

Imogene, Blossom and I started a trip up to the top of the property to enjoy the view from above. We took Bill with us, one of the eight dogs. After about half the way, there was a little pond where we wanted to stop again on our way back down. The girls warned me that it would be a long hike with steep parts, but compared to the walk at the Waitoru farm, it was pretty relaxed. You get rewarded with breathtaking views of Hokianga Harbour:

Imogene, Blossom und ich sind zu einer kleinen Wanderung hoch auf das Grundstück aufgebrochen. Wir haben Bill mitgenommen, einer ihrer acht Hunde. Es gibt eine wunderschöne Aussicht von oben:





Waiora Gardens


I had a look what I could do in Kohukohu and the Waiora Gardens caught my attention. I wrote a mail that I would like to come over for some yoga and the next morning, Angela called to tell me that a German yoga teacher was staying with her and doing a yoga lesson. This was actually my first proper yoga lesson and it totally showed me that yoga does not have to be exhausting. Yoga is for everyone, no matter how flexible they are or if they are not flexible at all. The final relaxation, Shavasana, is my favourite part. On one hand, I am very much looking forward to Shavasana every lesson, on the other hand I feel a little bit sad because I know the lesson will soon be over. I really enjoyed Nadja’s lesson. Angela prepared a lovely Indian dish for all of us after yoga and I spent some time talking to Sofie who lived in my home town during the last year. And we happen to meet at the other end of the world. Crazy.

Ich stieß auf die Waiora Gardens, die ab und zu Yoga in Kohukohu anbieten. Nachdem ich eine Mail geschickt und mein Interesse bekundet hatte, bekam ich am nächsten Tag frühmorgens gleich einen Anruf, dass momentan eine Yogalehrerin aus München da ist. Also machte ich mich auf zu meiner ersten richtigen Yogastunde, die mir gezeigt hat, dass Yoga nicht anstrengend sein muss. Yoga ist für jeden, egal wie flexibel, unflexibel, egal wie alt oder jung. Am meisten freue ich mich immer auf die Endentspannung, Shavasana. Anderseits bin ich auch immer traurig, weil ich dann weiß, dass es bald vorbei sein wird. In den Waiora Gardens habe ich auch Sofie getroffen, die das letzte Jahr in Regensburg ihr Fachabi gemacht hat. So klein ist die Welt.




 
Stefanie arranged for me to attend the yoga classes in Kohukohu held by Helen in a side room of the church. They take place every Friday and Tuesday and I cannot tell you how much I was looking forward to it each time. It showed me how unflexible my body is and how good it feels to work with it. Yoga is certainly something I will continue practicing.

Stefanie hat dann noch dafür gesorgt, dass ich zu den Yogastunden direkt in Kohukohu gehen kann. Unsere Lehrerin war Helen und ich kann euch gar nicht sagen, wie sehr ich mich immer auf Dienstag und Freitag gefreut habe. Ich habe gemerkt, wie unflexibel mein Körper ist und wie geht es mir tut, mit ihm zu arbeiten.


Baking cookies

 


There was quite a heavy storm with lightning during my second week and you could not really do something on that day so the twins decided to bake cookies - baking, finally again! I’ve been missing it since Kerry and I had the vegetarian tea party. We had a recipe for “Melting Moments“ cookies, mhhh, actually two cookies glued together with icing. The outcome was very delicious, but they did not really last long.

Einer meiner freien Tage war völlig verregnet, also haben die Zwillinge und ich Kekse gebacken. Endlich mal wieder backen! Die „Melting Moments“ Cookies waren echt gut, aber dafür auch schnell weg.



 

A different kind of Halloween


Halloween started with a yoga session and Imogene and Blossom dressed up as two princesses, I became a Hawaiian girl and Kerrin was kind of the Grinch. That was the first time we did trick-or-treating-in the sun. I am used to freezing weather at this time of the year in Germany. The people in Kohukohu were not really prepared with sweets, but it was fun anyway. In the evening, we went to a music night at the local fire station - one of my highlights while being in Kohukohu.

Halloween war dieses Jahr ganz untypisch. In Deutschland ist es meistens schon dunkel und sehr kalt um die Zeit, hier in Neuseeland sind wir bei strahlendem Sonnenschein auf die Jagd nach Süßem oder Sauren gegangen, verkleidet als Prinzessinnen, Aloha-Mädchen und… ähm… der Grinch?


 

It’s been a lovely time here at Night Sky Lodge and I will always remember it. One part of me did not want to leave and the other part, the traveller, wanted to go on and explore more places. I decided to go on, but I will keep the places and people in my heart.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen