Freitag, 10. April 2015

Orcs and Flowers - Welcome to Wellington


When I started my planning for New Zealand, I was pretty sure that I wanted to be in Wellington for the start of the third Hobbit movie. Then, enjoy the summer there and make my way down to the South Island and spend my majority of time down there. Well, plans usually don’t happen so I stayed the summer in Tairua and still think it was the best decision I’ve made here.

So ganz am Anfang meiner Planungen für Neuseeland wollte ich ja eigentlich zur Hobbit Premiere in Wellington sein und dort eine gute Zeit des Sommers verbringen… aber Pläne sind beim Reisen sowieso meistens für die Tonne. Stattdessen bin ich in Tairua geblieben und das war eine der besten Entscheidungen überhaupt. Trotzdem habe ich mich natürlich auf Wellington gefreut und das zurecht.


 

Nevertheless, I was quite excited to finally see Wellington - I knew I would like it somehow.
Te Papa is a really cool museum if you are willing to learn something. There is heaps of stuff to look at and you can easily spend a few hours there if you are interested. Just like “If I can’t see you, you can’t see me“, I sneaked past the orc in the hallway two times - well, the third time, he decided to attack us - RUN!!!

Te Papa ist ein sehr spannendes Museum, vielleicht sogar das beste, in dem ich je war. Man kann sich viel anschauen und ausprobieren und bringt dort locker ein paar Stunden rum. Ganz nach dem Motto „Du kannst mich nicht sehen, ich kann dich nämlich auch nicht sehen“, bin ich zweimal an dem riesigen Ork am Eingang vorbeigehuscht - beim dritten Mal hat er uns dann bemerkt. Ich hab den Mädels nur eines zugebrüllt - LAUFT!!!


 

Well, we escpaed the orc sort of. Sofie, one of the wwoofers we met at Gina’s, met up with us and showed us around the Botanic Gardens and Wellington - if it was not so expensive, I would love to study there. The cable car ride is what everybody wants to do and take that typical picture of Wellington themselves.
Our second day is all about sitting at the waterfront and enjoying our ice cream from Kaffee Eis.

Den Ork-Angriff haben wir dann doch irgendwie überlegt. Ganz schön grumpig, der Kollege. Sofie, auch eine ex-wwooferin von Gina, führte uns durch die botanischen Gärten und durch Wellington. Wenn es nicht so teuer wäre, würde ich sofort in Wellington studieren.





 

The cruise through the Marlborough Sounds was fantastic (and windy). South Island, here we come!

Die Überfahrt durch die Marlborough Sounds war wirklich beeindruckend (und windig). Südinsel, wir kommen!




Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen